Among the points made:
• "Embarrassing, harassing or demeaning someone with a homosexual orientation or same-sex attraction is a violation of Torah prohibitions that embody the deepest values of Judaism."
• "We affirm the religious right of those with a homosexual orientation to reject
therapeutic approaches they reasonably see as useless or dangerous."
• "Jews struggling to live their lives in accordance with halakhic values need and deserve our support. Accordingly, we believe that the decision as to whether to be open about one's sexual orientation should be left to such individuals, who should consider their own needs and those of the community. We are opposed on ethical and moral grounds to both the “outing” of individuals who want to remain private and to coercing those who desire to be open about their orientation to keep it hidden."
• "Accordingly, Jews with homosexual orientations or same sex-attractions should be welcomed as full members of the synagogue and school community."
• "Jews who have an exclusively homosexual orientation should, under most circumstances, not be encouraged to marry someone of the other gender, as this can lead to great tragedy, unrequited love, shame, dishonesty and ruined
All this, while they hold a Side B position on homosexuality - just goes to show how one can believe that homosexual sexual behavior is a sin, but uphold that GLBT people are equally children of God worthy of the same love and respect that straight people are (plus, they recognize that if they want to encourage gays and lesbians to remain celibate, they're going to need support). Now, if only conservative Christianity could get together and say the same thing . . .